Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Time!

First things first, I have never seen so much snow in my life! The drift in front of our front door is so high that we can't really open it! I will have to post pictures later, but I am really liking it! It is a little frightening to look out the window and not be able to tell where the snow ends and the sky starts, but it is beautiful and sort of majestic (as long as I can stay under my blankets on the couch!)

As some of you know, Friday I will be having my surgery. I have appreciated your prayers and kindness along the way. I would also appreciate your prayers on Friday. I will be at St. Alexius in Hoffman Estates for between 2-4 days. At that point I will be back home to recover for about 6 weeks.

Everyone keeps asking me if I am ready. I am not sure how one gets ready for such a thing, but I think I am as ready as I am going to get! The tumors have gotten a bit smaller over the past few months because of the treatment I have received but more importantly, my blood count is finally a healthy level for surgery!

Again, thank you for your prayers and hopefully I will be able blog once I am home again. I am sure I will go stir crazy in about 3 days, so blogging will be helpful!

1 comment:

  1. Hi MB! I just spent quite some time reading through your blog. Wow, I love it! I am really impressed.
    I hope your recovery is going well...we are thinking of you. Logan misses you.
    Please keep in touch...maybe in a few weeks when you are a bit stronger I could bring Logan by for a quick visit and drop off some food.
    Again...awesome blog. I LOVE your picture!!!! Adorable.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete