Elated, ecstatic, euphoric, knock-your-socks-off-delighted, oh, and humbled.
That is how we drove away from our three month appointment yesterday.
Let me start by saying that I have had an unexplainable peace from deep within me lately. I wake up feeling blessed, I go about my day feeling blessed, and I fall asleep thinking about how blessed I am. There is no outside source for all the warm and fuzzies. I am just feeling so thankful.
I am thankful that for literally the first time in my relationship with Josh I am finally feeling myself. We have dealt with one painful procedure after another. We have sat in dozens of doctors offices from the time we started dating, hearing tragic news. We had one doctor try to schedule a hysterectomy for us, without batting an eye...he wanted to take away my dreams without even a thought. We made touch choices, ones that promised more pain and sorrow. Choices that were certainly not easy, but were right. We fought tooth and nail for the future of our family.
We have endured painful conversations with friends who had the best of intentions. We have been told countless times to consider adoption. We have even been told that maybe the two of us are just not a great combination and this is, "natures way of telling us..." I have been attacked by people saying that, "Josh deserves a child." We've smiled and nodded on the outside, but on the inside we break. We lay in bed dreaming about what "normal couples" do. We tell people off in the safety and secrecy of our own home because it feels good to get it out.
But lately? Lately we are feeling content. We are feeling blessed. We are feeling at peace. Nothing has changed...nothing, that is until yesterday at 11 AM in our specialist's office in Hoffman Estates. May 2, 2011 will always be in my heart as a day that everything changed.
We have been praying tirelessly. We have asked our friends and family to join us in praying without ceasing. We know that we are surrounded by some amazing prayer warriors, and yesterday, the evidence of that was shining so brightly that EVERYONE could see it.
At my appointment one month after surgery, you could still clearly see traces of left over tumors. They were big dark clouds on all my scans. We were disheartened, but our doctor encouraged us that we might still get pregnant even with the tumors inside of me. He was clear that the road ahead of us would be painful and that we would certainly need his help conceiving. We wrestled with how we would pay for something that drastic, but we tried to be patient. Be patient, and pray.
Yesterday, he ran the same tests on me that he had preformed two months ago. He was silent. He ran additional tests. Again, he was silent. He called Josh into the room. I was so anxious I wanted to vomit. He showed us all the scans side by side- 1 month scans next to 3 months scans. He said, "Your progress is far beyond what I expected. There are no traces of tumors. Go home. Get pregnant on your own. I don't want to see you until you have missed a period. This is nothing short of a miracle."
My eyes well up with tears every time I think of those words. Freedom. Freedom to be young. Freedom to be in love and to try to start a family on our own. Freedom from painful shots. Freedom from having doctors visits rule our lives. Freedom to dream of a future, a bright and cheerful future.
Prayer is a powerful tool. Prayer opens doors. It is a game changer.
I am ecstatic. I am filled to the brim with hope. I am full of Joy.
MY God is HEALER.
Oh MB. Tears of JOY! Our God is GOOD! Our God is HEALER! My biggest prayer now, is that I will not forget. That I will go to Him more often now, rejoicing with thanksgiving, than I did pleading for healing on your behalf. That I will depend on Him and Trust Him MORE now! He shows us time and time again that He is trustworthy. That He is good. That He is faithful. That He provides...and yet so often my actions seem to show that I forget...that I do not trust as I should...that I do not truly believe the things that I claim are true. Thank you, Lord, for this miracle. Let your name be glorified! AMEN!!
ReplyDeleteLove this!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you and josh, may God continue to bless you, and fill your hearts and lives with unspeakable joy!!!!!!! Our God is a healer, he is so awsome, I just love him so. Take it easy and enjoy life. I will continue to pray for you and josh :)
ReplyDeleteprayer does work!!!i told you, and to keep your faith, because you and josh have enormous faith! i cried again when i read this-soo happy for you both! i have faith, and know HE will bless you with children! i prayed this for gloria also, and felt it as well-that you will have children, now gooo make babiessssss!!!!!!love you both! love, aunt kathy
ReplyDeleteDani: You are so right, we are so quick to forget how powerful our God is. Honestly, I have been feeling very humbled this week- how could I ever doubt that God is faithful? Such a blessing. I am blessed to be able to share my great news. I am also really blessed to have such amazing prayer warriors surround me. I think we really have NO idea how many people have been lifting us up. We feel it though!
ReplyDeleteNeshia: Thank you! We appreciate the prayers!
Auntie Kathy: Thank you so much. I know know to some extent how hard this has been and we just wholeheartedly appreciate your support along the way. Your cards, you calls, and your hugs have been nothing but encouraging to me! You were one of the first people I had to call! :o) Love you!
OH! And Sarah! Sorry! Thank you as ALWAYS for your support! :o) We adore you!
ReplyDeleteI am so joyful for you Mary Beth! God is so good and the ULTIMATE HEALER! Thank you for sharing this! Continuing to pray for you! :)
ReplyDelete