Sunday, July 6, 2014

June and July: BABY TIME!

Welcome to the world sweet girl!



 Eden Joy Meyer
July 3, 2014
5:14 PM
6 lbs 12 oz
19 inches

We were picked by Eden's birth mother over Memorial Day weekend, giving us plenty of time to make our way down to Ocala, Florida where she was born.  She is our little ray of sunshine!



June was a blur of preparing our house and getting ready to add a new member to our family. Since Hannah's first birthday, we have worked hard to prepare our hearts for this and to give this baby all the love and preparation that she deserved. It was our challenge to love her with our whole hearts even before she was ours, trusting that God would handle the tricky details that come with each adoption. The Lord kept encouraging us at every turn to embrace this new adventure and to place our hearts in His hands, as he already had the details all figured out.




We love Eden's birth mom. She is brave and strong. She had one goal in mind from the the very beginning - to give her daughter a bright future no matter how hard it would be on her. She was determined and made selfless decisions that have changed the course of Eden's life. When we talked to her over the phone for the first time, Josh and I quickly decided that our mission during this whole process was to give her as much love and support along the way as we could. We watched a young girl walk this road before, and we knew the mountain of emotion and pain that birth mom would have to climb and we wanted to walk right along side of her the whole way.




We had six whole weeks to prepare for her to come - what a gift after Hannah's crazy whirlwind adoption! So many amazing details went into this time of preparation and I am still marveling at how much we accomplished in such a short amount of time. In the near future, I will share these amazing details, but for now I want Eden to know what a gift she is to her daddy, big sister, and me.





Dear Eden Joy-
My heart might burst. The last two days have been a dream come true for me. I have spent countless hours thinking about you and praying for you. Now, here you are. Cuddling you makes my heart swell. I could stare at your beautiful little face all day long and just marvel at your very existence.
From the moment I saw your chubby little cheeks on the ultrasound, my heart was yours. Your first cries were a miracle to me, a barren woman experiencing new life for the first time. Seeing your dark silky head of hair makes me squeal with delight.
You are everything we could ever have asked for. When the doctor yelled out, "What's her name?" and I had the chance to publicly, for the first time, declare EDEN JOY MEYER as your name, I knew your daddy and I had picked the perfect name. Your name means perfect happiness, God's place of delight, and you are every bit of that to us already.
You will be someone very special - we know that already. God orchestrated every fine detail to bring you into this world, and the very thought that He saw fit to make ME your mother blows my mind. All the way from Ocala, Florida, God brought you into my life and you quickly and without a doubt wiggled your way into my heart forever.
We want you to know that we love you beyond words. Even more importantly, God loves you and He is moving on your behalf already. He created you and protected your little life because He has a purpose for you that will be dynamic and powerful. What a gift to be able to watch His plans play out right in front of us!
Welcome to our family sweet girl. We have been waiting for you with open arms. May you bring perfect happiness to everyone you meet along the way.
You have our hearts!
Love,
Mommy

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
Psalm 139:13-14

3 comments:

  1. This post made me cry :) love you all, and Eden already!!!! Hope to meet your sweet girls someday. :) her birth mom sounds a lot like my birth mom. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy for you! Dina (I did a 31 party and friend of Stephanie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! She is so beautiful. I love all her hair!

    ReplyDelete