Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy Birthday Yocky!

My Dear Sweet Hannah Grace-

Happy 4th birthday my love! I am altogether confused as to how it is possible that my little girl is 4 years old today. But the calendar says otherwise, so today we celebrate you and your life and all thinks pink and frilly and ballet.


You, my dear Hannah, have my whole heart. You are one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I have ever met in my life, and you are only 4. I cannot imagine how you will develop and grow into this gift, but I cannot wait to watch it all happen. You care deeply. You love with your whole heart. I hope you stay that way for the rest of your life!

Watching you grow into a better dancer this year has been one of the highlights of my year. You work hard and focus in class so that you can master every move. You are quick on your feet and graceful. I love to watch you dance. How fitting that you asked your teacher to come to our house to teach you and your friends for your party.





You are bold. You don't shy away from asking for things you need or want. You look strangers in the eye and order food or ask questions. I love this about you and love to see you express yourself in such a polite but direct manner.

You love your friends passionately. You talk about them, buy stuff for them, create dozens of pictures everyday for them. Keep loving your friends. I am learning even now just how meaningful those relationships are. Have LOTS of best friends. Allow people in to see your life, no matter how crazy or messy it is. You need them and they need you. Love deeply and you won't regret it.

Watching you as a big sister is incredible. You love Eden more than anything. Hugs in the morning, smooches at night, reminding the guy at Costco to draw a smiley face for your sister too, you always have her back and I love that about you.



Your passion for worship literally moves me to tears. I love how you wiggle your way into my arms at the start of church and how you sing loudly and boldly. When your little hand flies into the air in worship, I can't fight back tears. I love to see you love The Lord. I pray every single day that you continue to grow in your faith, and be positive of this - your daddy and I will do everything in our power to make sure you know God and know how much He loves you.

Hannah Grace, you came storming into our lives 4 years ago today. STORMING. You turned our lives upside down. We battled for you, and let me tell you, you were worth it. I would walk through fire for you then and now. You are more precious to me than anything in this world and I pray that you know that in your heart today and for the rest of your life. I am your biggest fan and will always be by your side ready to do battle with you, laugh hard with you, hold you when you are sad, and push you when you need to be reminded of how strong you are. I am your Mommy, your cheerleader, your biggest fan.



My world would not turn without you Hannah. Today is one of those days for our family...one of those huge, monumental days where we can't help but thank God for you. We thank God for your special friend who carried you for nine months and protected you because she knew you were worth fighting for. She could have made a different decision. That is not something that me or your daddy take lightly. The choice she made was gut-wrenching but it was also life-altering for YOU and HER and US and we are forever thankful for her and everything she did to make your life matter.



So today we are busy making special treats and turning our house into a ballet studio to celebrate your birthday, but in my heart, I am celebrating your life and everything about you that I love. I am overwhelmed by how much I love you. To think that God loves you even more than I do completely blows my mind. You have captured our hearts and we just want you to know, WE ADORE YOU HANNAH GRACE.



No comments:

Post a Comment