Joshua Meyer. My heart throb. The favorite part of my day- by far.
This weekend I had one of those pinch-myself-because-this-can't-be-my-life-weekends.
My best friend came down to see our house for the first time since we have been married. We live in a condo so it isn't huge, but I think it is a beautiful home and I am proud to share it with friends and family. I am so grateful to have a place to call home after living like a nomad the last 7 years. I have a huge sense of pride when I share our home with friends because I didn't get your typical bachelor pad when I moved in with Josh. He was very intentional to make this a home, something to share and be proud of. I love him for that because he couldn't have understood how crucial that would be for me to feel safe. Friday was one of those nights where I felt really blessed to be able to share our home with a dear friend.
Saturday, Papa Meyer and the Meyer kids threw us a party to celebrate with those who we love who were not able to make it to our wedding. I wasn't sure what to expect because our wedding had been such an incredible day, I didn't really foresee it being nearly as special. I was so very wrong. It was incredible to sit with friends and family and talk without the crazy emotions of our wedding day. I wore a white sun dress and felt bridal all over again. Looking through pictures and talking to friends and family about our marriage reminded me of how madly in love I am. I am not sure what I did to deserve such an incredible gift, but that's just it, God likes to give us gifts JUST because...
Sunday, the sermon was about intimacy. It was a very interesting topic for a Sunday morning. I blushed. A lot. But it was a gift, a time to stop and think about how intentional we are in our relationship. After church we were able to witness the baptism of our new nephew, Joshua Edmond Palmer. My brother Josh asked my husband Josh to be our nephew Josh's godfather. Yeah, that's right...3 Joshs. How blessed am I? Joshs are the best.
I a filled to the brim with Joy on this Monday morning. I had the realization this weekend that if God said, "That's enough blessings for you..." today, I would be blessed far beyond what I deserve and I can say honestly in my soul, "Thank You God. You are good. period." But I am even more blessed when I stop and consider that he has even more in store for me....
Like I said, one of those pinch-myself-because-this-can't-be-my-life-weekends.
No, I did not pay her to say any of this. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm only a good husband because she is such a good wife to me.
Josh
I LOVE all the Josh-es. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteAnd I had to laugh that you blushed through the entire sermon on intimacy, 'cause I probably would've done the same!
And you looked very bridal at the party. :)