Weekends are my favorites. I love knowing that for two days I get time with my husband to relax, do what we want to do, and just spend time together. Our weekends usually get crazy. We like to say yes to everything and spend literally every minute of our two days living life to the fullest. Generally, I have Mondays off so I am able kind of catch up on life on Mondays...the laundry piles up, the dishes, and other chores. But, weekends? I am completely committed to loving life and doing as much as possible on my weekends.
This weekend was no exception. It is funny to me that on weekdays, I can't seem to get myself out of bed and off to work on time because I am so sleepy!!! But on weekends, my eyes pop open bright and early and I am ready for the day! Not to say I get out of bed right away- but that is part of the fun...being able to lay in bed and snuggle and enjoy not being rushed is incredible.
Then there are Sundays. I love Sundays! There is something so special about knowing we get to spend time with the Lord and fellowship with His people. Usually Sundays involve a delicious meal and a nap or time with family and catching up with friends. Sundays are my emotional recharge for the week.
Weekends bring me a lot of joy. They are there to rejuvenate us and prepare us for the week of hard work ahead. To me, they are sort of the "You made it!" Saturdays and "You can do it!" Sundays of my week.
What did you do this weekend? Did it bring you JOY?
Weekends are always up in the air for me. Sometimes they are wonderful and at other times bring me great stress. Wait...thats every other day in my life. Spending time with my mother in NYC brought me great joy. We started strengthening a bond that started about two years ago. I am thankful that God is giving us a second chance.
ReplyDeleteThat's really cool Anna! Mom's are sometimes tough. I spent the first part of my life not really loving my mama but now she is one of my best friends! Keep at it- it is a built in friend for life!
ReplyDelete